Sayer Clinics – London’s leading Whiplash Specialist diagnostic x-ray clinics in London W8, West End W1 and Moorgate City EC2
What happens to the body with a whiplash injury? How do I know if have whiplash?
- Neck pain Shoulder pain and Arm pain which can start or worsen and become acute after several days
- Referred nerve pains in the arms, legs, feet or hands
- Low back pain and stiffness
- Sharp burning pain and spasm between the shoulder blades
- Blurred vision, dizziness, headaches.
- Irritability, sensitivity to light, noise, temperature and stress
- Fatigue, exhaustion, tiredness
- Dizzy, vertigo, loss of balance and physical confidence.
- Ringing in the ears - tinnitus
- Vertigo - Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo BPPV
- Numbness and tingling anywhere in the head, face or body.
- Pain in the neck, jaw or face
What should I do if I have had a whiplash?
- Specialised therapeutic Massage is gentle and safe and may be very helpful.
- Careful and gentle tissue mobilisation can relieve adjacent stiff spinal areas but obviously is not used on unstable, inflamed or injured areas of the spine injured by whiplash.
- Physical Therapy or Physiotherapy modalities – ultrasound, massage, specific exercise rehabilitation
- Acupuncture to help relieve neck and shoulder pain and spasm.
- Postural re-training and advice on correct ergonomic seating and computer screen height and position.
- Medical treatment of muscle pain includes non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) which may help short-term pain but possibly impair effective healing of traumatised tissues which need to heal properly over time with intelligent advice and support.
Facts About Whiplash:
If car headrests are too low or more than 5 cms from the head there is increased risk of a more serious whiplash injury.
If your car seat is reclined too far back with slumped posture when driving this tends to also increase the severity of injury. With age, ligaments become less pliable, muscles become weaker, less flexible and range of motion decreases.
Shorter people and children can be injured more seriously if they are closer to the steering wheel and airbag or have an improperly fitted seatbelt. Pre-existing arthritis can also affect the severity of injury.
Onset of symptoms is often delayed and can still cause symptoms sometimes years later following relatively minor trauma alongside osteoarthritis and accelerated neck disc and joint degeneration.
Most UK and international insurance companies cover our State-of-the-art 2017 extremely high-resolution and low-dose diagnostic x-rays at Sayer Clinics following whiplash in road traffic accidents.
Sayer Clinics Approach:
Sayer Clinics’ Postural Rehabilitation programme is designed to improve the quality of life for chronic pain patients by incorporating a range of exercises, graduated muscle strengthening and neurological rehabilitation to recondition the muscles and nerves to help improve longterm posture
The 'wait and see' approach with longterm analgesics does little to help rehabilitate neck and spinal posture and pain-free function.
Sayer Clinics chiropractors effectively treat:
- Headache arising from the neck (cervicogenic), Joint pain, Muscle spasm and Mechanical neck pain (as opposed to neck pain following injury i.e. whiplash), Migraine prevention, Minor sports injuries and tensions, Rotator cuff injuries, disease or disorders, Shoulder complaints (dysfunction, disorders and pain), Soft tissue disorders of the shoulder.
- When injuries are assessed and diagnosis is made, muscle massage, ultrasound and graduated rehabilitation exercises may help minimise hypermobility.
- We refer for MRI or CT scan without delay, if bony fracture, disc or nerve damage is suspected.
Chris Berlingieri - Neck xray and diagnosis expert.
Sayer Clinics low-dose, high-definition x-rays at Sayer Clinics: Kensington W8.
Chris is experienced in computed digital x-ray analysis and diagnosis. Our highly qualified health practitioners diagnose using neurological and orthopaedic tests, postural and physical spinal examination and, if necessary, digital radiology. Chris originally practiced in New York and has successfully diagnosed a huge number of neck pain patients since 1994. Dr Berlingieri liaises directly with your lawyer or solicitor in injury claim cases to write medico-legal reports at our clinics in 11 Welbeck Street, Central W1 and Kensington, West London W8.
Book online 24/7 here or email email@example.com or talk to Alexandra or Lucie on +44 (0)207 937 8978 8am to 8pm
We are always here to help you